Senior Project Manager
Brighton, Canterbury, London, Milton Keynes
To provide support for the manager and Company Directors in a managerial capacity and provide cover when he/they are away from the office. To provide an efficient and quality approved inspector service in line with the Company’s aims and objectives and the Building (approved inspector etc.) Regulations 2010 and amendments thereafter to meet and exceed client expectations.
- To assist with the smooth operation of the offices for which the manager has a responsibility.
- Assist in analysis of workload within allocated office.
- To develop business opportunities and market the services offered by the company.
- To be fully conversant with all relevant legislation and ensure that construction procedures are updated accordingly.
- To give support, supervision, training and guidance to staff within their remit of control.
- Participate in interviews for new staff as appropriate.
- To assist with 6-monthly/annual appraisals for building control admin staff within location.
- Oversee administration operations.
- Maintain a portfolio of projects and associated client base.
- Attend design team meetings as reasonably required.
- Hold and conduct monthly office meetings to discuss previous meetings actions and new agenda’s.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to clients, i.e. architects, builders, etc. on building control matters.
- Consultation with Fire Authorities as necessary.
- To hold full membership of RICS, ABE or equivalent (or qualified by suitable experience) ensuring CPD requirements are met thereafter to broaden and develop skills.
- To comply with those functions outlined within the companies Quality Management Systems quality procedures and Building Control Performance Standards and terms and conditions, i.e. Initial and Final Notices, etc.
- To communicate effectively (verbally, writing, electronically) to meet the job role above.
- Ensure records and filing are maintained to ensure the company’s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
- Maintain a positive team environment to promote the overall interests of the company within all areas of the organisation regardless of location.
- To ensure that when entering site, all regulations, particularly with regard to Health & Safety are strictly adhered to and that all protective/safety equipment is fully utilised.
- To operate within HBCAI Ltd’s terms & conditions, policies and quality assurance system.
- To undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be reasonably required from time to time.
What you can bring to the role
Previous experience working in a Building Control Surveyor position
Experience in straight forward plan checking and site inspections
The ability to explain complex issues and legal requirements in simple terms and guidance
Confidence in providing advice
Good IT skills
Relationship building skills
An interest in and the ability to understand and interpret building regulations, construction processes, legislation and requirements
Good time management
The ability to pay attention to detail but also to see the bigger picture